Book ad

      To unlock your Happiness :      Visit Happiness Portal | Write to me | Visit Official Website
        No fees, No charges, no constraints..Ask for help !!

WE ARE MOVING TO A NEW ADDRESS SOON & WE WILL BE SHUTTING DOWN THIS BLOG.


YOU CAN CONTINUE TO FOLLOW US AT OUR NEW ADDRESS : http://elevate-your-life.blogspot.in/
OR
YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE DIRECTLY ON OUR NEW BLOG BY CLICKING HERE: https://goo.gl/zCjgxd

Friday, January 24, 2014

A wise investment indeed

So many times in life, the biggest luxuries, vacations and gadgets cannot give you what a single act of sticking to your core value can. This is exactly what happened with me yesterday, and the bliss can only be experienced by some fortunate few.

The eyes were moist with happiness and glee. I looked down at the signed and stamped papers, and then looked up straight in the eyes of my dad and my wife. There was a sudden burst of emotions from inside as if a volcano is about to burst without a warning. I managed to just control them somehow. It was a mission accomplished. It took us almost 13 months of consistent effort, more than 12 trips from my home to this office (which is  around 20km one way), innumerable rejections for one sundry reason or the other, immense patience, and loads of resilience to get this through.

I am talking about the free hold conversion of my flat in Delhi. I had to take through the application for free hold conversion through the DDA authorities (Delhi Development Authority). Yes, i know the question many of you would have in your mind. It could have been done faster and efficiently had i taken the easier option of paying some bribe, which some people call it is an "unofficial service fees". I chose to stand by my values. 

I have realised over years of experience that whenever it comes to making critical decisions in life, follow your values. They will never disappoint you in the end, though the journey may not initially look worth it.

I very well know that paying a bribe would have been a much cheaper option vis a vis making so many trips in my own car and spending time and energy to push the file every time it got stuck. It made lot of sense financially. It made lot of sense from saving my time and energy perspective. But made no sense from the perspective of my understanding of who we actually are.

The pleasure of experiencing the bliss after sticking to one's own values is unmatched, unparalleled. When you have stuck to your values, you are "full" from inside and will never feel the "hollowness" of those achievements which are achieved by compromising on one's values. 

If you cannot stick to your values, the money and the fame that you earn is not worth it. I say this because i understand who i am. I am an indestructible "soul" and not a mortal "body". And remember that what goes with you in your next birth (with the soul) is your "sanskars" and values, and not the money and fame (which are not linked to your soul).

Isn't this a wise investment if we understand that our soul spans multiple life spans? 
I just invested for my next life :) How about you?

Read more about your core values and how your everyday happiness is linked to it.
Chapter 6.11 ~ Inculcate and live your core values - Happiness Unlimited (the book)


Cheers


Manoj Arora
You are entitled to happiness unlimited !!

No comments:

Post a Comment